Thursday, October 2, 2014

Week 1: Introduction(?)

Hello guys! Welcome to my new blog!
Today, I'm going to talk about why I chose this topic
and what is board games.


At first, I had no idea about blog.
I had never used blog before.
I didn't know which topic allowed me to keep posting for weeks.
Then I saw 厚鈞's topic.
I thought of that I had traveled with different groups
of friends during this summer vacation.
We always spent a lot of time playing board games in B&B
and had a good time.
I also love playing board games,and I have played many of
them that I can share on my blog for updating.
Then I chose it.


Actually, what I want to share is "桌遊".
"桌遊", or "桌上遊戲", means the games on a table.
Therefore, the word "桌遊" is "table game" in fact.
Table games include board games, card games, dice games
and all the other games that can be played on a table.
However, the word "桌遊" in Taiwan almost merely
refers to board games and some card games.
The word is also directly translated as "board games".
As a result, I will also introduce some card games in the future.


board games in Witch House, a restaurant near NTU


Board games are based on "boards" with pictures, text, or signs.
The games may proceed with some accessories
like dice, pieces, points, and token.


all of the objects of Monopoly


Card games are based on piles of "cards".
They may proceed in many different styles
and each card may stand for different information.


cards of  UNO H2O



the sources of the pictures:
http://travel.icxo.com/htmlnews/2009/06/04/1362304_2.htm
http://www.amazon.com/Parker-00009100-Monopoly-German-edition/dp/B00006RT97
http://primarilysinging.blogspot.tw/2011/08/uno-simplified.html

2 comments:

  1. T_T Some sort of board games are hard to me. It often takes long time to learn & play. For instance, "星杯傳說" is a game you have to pay attention for at least 2 hours......
    But I love poker(though I am not good at it lol) and regard it as a game of intelligence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to play board games very much.

    ReplyDelete